• Develop Selection Criteria for Schools, Students, and Volunteers and participate in
the selection process
• Research, develop, Update (Revise) Curriculums and other training materials for the
three approaches, which includes the establishment of club, coursework, and pilot
• Plan and Organize training facilitation in collaboration with the state Administrators
which includes logistics, training of trainers, school teachers, volunteers and all
processes that involve the smooth running of training programs
• Monitor all training programs to ensure all training programs offer full delivery of the
program’s goal and objectives. Assist the M and E officer in carrying out routine
Monitoring and Evaluation procedures especially on training feedbacks
• Document training activities through the timely submission of training reports,
training database updates etc.
• Follow-up and mentorship security for students with Start-up enterprises
• Secure and sustain partnerships with donors, government agencies, schools, CSR
teams and other partners aligning with STEP, etc
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
BSc/HND in Agriculture, Agribusiness or related discipline with a minimum of three (3)
years’ related experience performing the related role.
The ideal candidate must:
• Be computer literate with a good working knowledge of computer-based control
systems shared network drives and maintaining a database of trainers and training
• Have excellent communication and supervisory skills
• Have demonstrated the ability to provide ongoing mentorship in entrepreneurship to
young students and provide support to entrepreneurship program in the different
agricultural value chains for the project
• Have experience in organizing and coordinating training programs and activities
• Have experience in supporting training in vocational agriculture and liaising with
numerous secondary schools to demonstrate and promote Agribusiness
opportunities for youth
• Have experience in curriculum development including defining specific knowledge
and practical skill sets
• Have been previously involved in the training of trainers in Agriculture or related field
• Exhibit good network and partnership skills with local training sites and training
providers as well as coordinate their efforts.
We offer a highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working
conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter
and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website:
http://jobs.iita.org/erecruit no later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication. The
application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees
which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional
colleague, and evidence of the current remuneration package.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse
workforce. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Vacancy for STEP Training Officer